Saturday, January 17, 2009

Letterpress practice

After a couple months off to deal with other things, I finally got around to ordering a set of rubber-base inks for my letterpress, which I find so much easier to work with than the oil-base inks I was using. I've been slowly trying out the new colors to get a feel for how each color prints on the paper I use. I also purchased the expanded package of colors, so now I can mix every ink color imaginable. My ink world knows no limits!

I'm having some fun with some ornamental blocks and new metal type I recently acquired. I am still learning the process, and it is a lot of trial and error, but I think I'm slowly improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!



The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012