Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring flowers

I went to visit my parents in New Mexico this past weekend. There are several possible routes to take to get there, but the most direct one takes you through the San Juan Mountains outside of Durango, CO. Coming out of the mountains, my first stop is always at the market at James Ranch for some of their artisan cheese and pork. If you ever find yourself in the Durango area, be sure to check them out. In the summer they also have wonderful produce and gorgeous cut flowers.

As we were getting ready to leave, a woman showed up with the most beautiful arrangements of potted flowers--tulips, daffodils, freesia, and miniature sunflowers. They were all potted in fun little pots, topped with moss, and arranged with interesting dried twigs and branches. I bought a tulip and daffodil arrangement for my mom and a miniature sunflower for a friend who loves sunflowers. I was a little sad that the heat of the car (over the remaining 4 hours of our drive) caused the tulips to open up so much, but my mom still liked them.

The tulips are such a pretty pink, and the daffodils will probably open in a few days and will give my mom several more days of spring happiness.

I've never heard of miniature sunflowers, and now that I know they exist I'll have to plant some! Once the flower opens I think it will be such a bright patch of happiness! And I love the pot it came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012