Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 9

The Big Dig started. And I'm the proud new owner of a hole in my backyard that is 10 feet deep.



This is a happy day--a new septic tank. We're one step closer to indoor plumbing again.



Day 10 will include digging the rest of the trenches for the leach line--we will have two trenches, each more than 80 feet long. Each trench is 7 feet deep, filled back in with 5 feet of rock. For those of you who failed rocket science in school, that means I will have a lot of dirt left over. No, I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Sadie might have some ideas, though. She's good with ideas. She likes the idea of having lots of dirt to bury bones in.


We also started removing some of the windows. The new ones arrived and will go in soon. In the meantime, I am loving the filtered light you get when you use plastic sheets for windows. (No, not really. But I'm trying to stay positive.)


In other news, the new irrigation system is going well. My husband's new suspension bridge to carry the pipe across the creek is almost complete. He is very proud of it. He keeps asking when I'm going to feature it on my blog. He's even asked if he can write a post about it. I told him I might consider it if he lets me get that new gigantic letterpress I just found yesterday. (More on that, with hopefully good news, at a later date.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm imagining a whole new landscape w/ all that dirt...w/ small & large hills of dirt topped w/ flowers & stones....hmmm....not that you need ANY more projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeez...wouldn't a pool be more fun???? Forget all that septic/engineering stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012