Thursday, October 15, 2009

Press restoration nearing completion

I've been taking advantage of the 72 degree days lately to bust a move on my press. I applied the first coat of primer on Monday.

Priming the press

And today I put on the first coat of paint. Isn't she starting to look lovely?

Painting the press

Hopefully I can do the second coat of paint tomorrow, clean up all the stray blobs of paint and rust on Saturday, and be ready to reassemble it on Sunday. And hopefully a part won't go flying off once it's all put back together! I also ordered a treadle for it. The press came with a variable speed motor, but until I get to know the press better, I decided it would be better for both of us if I had a bit more control over how fast it goes. I've read too many horror stories about people losing fingers to these beasts! The treadle should be here in about 2 weeks or so, and then I'll really be in business. I'm pretty excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!



The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012