Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Letterpress labels

I've been spending some early morning and late evening hours in my new studio, trying to get some things printed while the workmen are away.

Here's one of the projects I recently completed. They are labels for my brother's new business, which I'll tell you more about in the coming weeks.

I print several cards at a time on each sheet of paper, and then I trim them down to individual labels.

Koi mountain labels

Each label is printed three times: once as a blind impression (printed with no ink) with a background floral pattern, then a metallic orange for the fish, then black for the kanji and name.

Koi mountain labels

In this round of label-making, I made almost 2,000 of these little suckers!

Koi mountain labels

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the patterned background and bet the metallic orange adds an eye-catching bit of shine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012