Friday, October 29, 2010

Straight No Chaser

Last night the husband took me to see Straight No Chaser. I admit that I was skeptical. The last time we saw an a cappella group was a few years ago when I took him to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Not only did he sleep through the whole thing, but I had to keep jabbing him in the ribs to keep him from snoring. But I digress.

The show last night was AWESOME (and the husband stayed awake the whole time)! They sing versions of songs from every genre. Last night there were songs by Madonna, Journey, Carol King (the one that really got the baby moving!!), Lady Gaga (fantastic and hysterical), and Michael Jackson plus classics like my personal favorite, The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

Here they are singing I'm Yours/Somewhere Over the Rainbow.



Pretty great, huh? If you haven't heard of Straight No Chaser before, it's a group of 10 guys from Indiana University. A few years ago, one of the guys put a video of them singing the Twelve Days of Christmas on YouTube and they were discovered and signed to a recording deal!

Here's the song that started it all for them:



If you get a chance to see them live, definitely do it. A list of their tour dates is available online.

For my friends and family, they'll be in Albuquerque on November 4 and in Baltimore November 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012