Monday, November 15, 2010

Perfect storm

Have you ever heard of a perfect storm? The term is used to describe an event where a rare combination of circumstances will aggravate a situation drastically.

I think I am in the middle of a perfect storm. My circumstances: 1) I'm printing like a crazy lady right now, trying to beat the clock and get a bunch of stuff done for Christmas before my belly gets any bigger. This means that I have sheets of paper, cut blank paper, printed paper, envelopes, and letterpress plates on every available surface in the house right now. 2) Since finishing our remodel earlier this summer, I have been meaning to tear the house apart to clean it--you just can't believe how much grout dust gets into the back corners of every kitchen cabinet. 3) Because we were still working on the house this spring, my Spring Cleaning urges were ignored and have built up. 4) I'm nesting; you know, that fun instinct pregnant ladies get when a baby is on the way. It makes even normally sane people go beserk cleaning.

I said all that as my excuse for why my house looks like it does right now. It ain't pretty, folks.

DSC_0037

DSC_0038

DSC_0039

DSC_0036

Kitchen

Kitchen2

I am starting this process in the closet of the guest room at the back of the house, and I can't tell you how awesome it is to already have about 6 square feet of the cleanest, most organized closet on the planet. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to the nest.

2 comments:

  1. You weren't kidding, were you?! Just look at Sadie sleeping in the midst of it all... doesn't bother her in the least - oh to be a dog! And I spy an Andrew Wyeth print - I knew you and I were like-minded about lots of things. :-) Your renos look fabulous. Think ahead to the days when you'll be rocking Goober - with your feet up and everything tidy and wonderful around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sadie. She's so used to all the chaos from years of construction that nothing really bothers her anymore...

    Yes, the Andrew Wyeth print! It's one of my favorites. I bought it years ago because it reminded me so much of my old dog, Simon. He used to look just like that: sleeping soundly on the bed, always with his head on my pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012