Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sunday versus Tuesday

On Sunday it was 72 degrees and sunny. I took advantage of the nice day to clean up the backyard and garden.

I had intended to do a lot of weeding in the backyard, but it's getting harder to bend over now that I have this big belly, so it wasn't long before I decided that it will have to wait until the spring. At least I managed to cut the grass of the new lawn, which has filled in rather nicely!

DSC_0017

There was little hope left for all of the tomatoes and the rest of the garden after several hard frosts, so I worked on clearing out all the raised beds.

DSC_0007

Harriet and the other girls joined me outside for what will probably be their last day in the garden until next spring.

DSC_0012

Every time I pulled up a plant, Harriet came running over to see what kind of bugs I uncovered!

All in all, it was a perfect day. Warm and sunny with a gentle breeze.

And today? Well, today it is 35 degrees and snowing....

DSC_0022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012