Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hi ho, kermit the toad here

I finally broke down and bought some veggies from my local nursery. I started a bunch of seeds in February, but then, um, kept forgetting to water them. I guess that's what happens when you have a baby.

They had a fabulous selection of tomatoes, winter squash, and melons, so I loaded up on lots of them, plus some peppers for the husband. Everything is sitting on the front porch for now until I get all of the raised beds secured with chicken wire to, um, keep the chickens out. I guess that's what happens when you have three chickens.

Hopefully these plants won't still be sitting here a month from now.

Kermit (1)

But I guess at least one critter probably wouldn't mind seeing them stick around in their current location.

Kermit (2)

1 comment:

  1. So, I's just hopping along the other day and I came across this lovely collection of flowers. Now, for you non-toads out there (I've seen a few good examples around this place): nothing makes a toad feel toad-ier than hanging out with loveliness.

    And nothing--I mean NOTHING--makes a toad happier than feeling really toad-y. Dig?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012