Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year's resolution


Here it is, three whole days before January 1, 2009. There is snow on the ground, and although it is time for our morning walk, my dog Sadie can't be convinced to leave her spot approximately six inches from the woodburning stove. I don't blame her. So I guess now is a good time to start on one of my New Year's resolutions--to organize the wonderful things I find that pertain to the many interests in my life.

I am always looking for new ideas that I can incorporate into my projects, and I'm always hunting for helpful hints or good solutions to problems or questions I have in my pursuit of handwork items. For years I have saved these ideas in the form of magazines, pages torn from magazines, photos cut from pages of magazines, random downloaded photos, and random links that I've saved on my computer. Invariably, they get lost in a move. Or lost in a file folder in a box at the back of the shelf in the closet. Or lost in the mass of information contained on my computer... I never have them at my fingertips when I need them.

One of my resolutions for this year included developing a fabulous organizational system for all these thoughts and bits of information. And it occurred to me that perhaps other people can benefit from this information, too. Thus, The Handwork Chronicles is born. Handwork (noun): Work done by hand rather than by machine. Chronicle (verb): To record or register.

I'll use this blog to share with you the neat finds I uncover and those fabulous tidbits of information that might just make all the difference for you in one of your projects. I'll also share great projects you can do yourself, and I'll keep you updated on my own handwork adventures.

I hope that you'll join me in my pursuit--please feel free to share with me your own tidbits of information or do-it-yourself projects. And if you know of a master of handwork who deserves to be highlighted, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012