Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Letterpress love

I've spent a lot of quality time with my letterpress printer lately, including two things that were a lot of fun for me. Most recently, I printed 300 invitations for an open house at a law firm.



The invitation had fine text and a large monogram, so I had to print them separately to be able to get a nice impression for the monogram. I cut the monogram out of the plate, and printed the first set with just the text.




Then I removed the plate with the text, added back the monogram, and printed them all again.



Yesterday they were sent off to their new home in Alabama. I hope they have fun at their party!


The second project I really enjoyed was a set of custom cards for a friend. A while back I had a contest among some friends to develop a caption for a card. AJ won the contest, and her prize was a set of cards printed with her own message, "from the unpredictable mind of aj furay."

I used hand-set type for her message. I'm getting pretty good at reading backwards!



And I mixed the ink to match the same color of green that was used on her wedding invitations.




These cards now live with AJ in her home in Maryland (and I hear that they love the crab cakes out there!).


2 comments:

  1. Wow...seemingly a lost art.

    Love them! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're even more beautiful in person! Thank you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012