Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring grass

Our cat, Buffy, likes to eat my plants. She especially loves the long leaves of my ponytail palms.

To remedy the situation, I planted some grass inside for her. I just took a large platter, dumped on a thin layer of potting soil, and planted some grass seed. About a week later, we had grass. Buffy is thrilled. I see her sitting at her grass buffet throughout the day.



As I was watching the grass grow, something about it seemed oddly familiar to me. The other day, when it was so warm I was certain that spring really is just around the corner, it hit me. My platter of grass reminds me of this platter of grass, from my life in 2004.


The day this photo was taken was the first day of spring 2004. For the story and the rest of the photos, you'll have to wait until the first day of spring 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012