Thursday, April 16, 2009

Candle in a tin

I love this idea for a DIY candle over at Design Sponge! They'd make great wedding favors or hostess gifts.


You can check out the full instructions here.

She used an old Altoids tin for this candle. I recently bought a giant box of round tin containers with screw lids to hold the letterpress ink colors that I mix by hand. I'm thinking I might use some of them to make this the next time I'm in the mood for DIY that doesn't involve hammers and paintbrushes. I got my containers from Specialty Bottle, a company I love because they don't make you buy a case of 100 of them! (They also have hinged tins like those use for Altoids!)

1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS idea!
    I kept hating throwing those tins away!!!
    Yet 2nd dilemma...more stuff... ;) Oh well..

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012