Monday, May 4, 2009

My 3/50 Project: April

The other day I mentioned the 3/50 Project. It's a great way to support small businesses in your local community.


Basically, each month you choose three local, independently owned businesses and spend $50 (in total) among them.

I'm totally on board with this idea, and I'll post here the details about what I buy each month.

I'll admit, though, that I didn't do such a good job in my first month. Rather than a 3/50 project, it ended up being more of a 2/150 project. But, um, you have to start somewhere, right?

I visited two local nurseries--Bookcliff Gardens and Mt. Garfield Greenhouse and Nursery--and bought plants. Lots of lovely, beautiful, colorful plants. I love plants. Some women buy shoes or clothes. Me? I buy plants. As often as possible.

I bought flowers for hanging baskets.

And I bought flowers for containers.


I love these guys. So simple, yet so cheery.


And I bought two of these perennial fellas to add to the small garden by the front porch of the house.


Oh, and I bought two flowering almond shrubs (the husband's favorite), but their blooms are fading and they look too rough for their photographic debut.

So, what are you buying as part of your own 3/50 Project?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012