Friday, July 31, 2009

Whisknladle

I made two phenomenal discoveries while in San Diego.

The first is the restaurant Whisknladle in La Jolla. I ate there three times! There is a very good reason why it was voted number 1 of 105 hot new restaurants worldwide by Conde Nast Publications in 2008.

Whisknladle

The restaurant has partnered up with local farmers, ranchers and fisherman to provide the best product in the most conscientious way. They also bake, cure, age, pickle, and churn everything in house, so the amazing menu changes with the season.

During each of my visits I had a summer salad of arugula, avocado, white and yellow corn, grapefruit, and hearts of palm. A-mazing! Other notable items I devoured include the scallops, a summer squash ravioli, two different flat breads, a tomato salad with heirloom tomatoes, the best danged herb fries on the planet, a bourbon chocolate torte with butter pecans and mocha ice cream, and a dark chocolate ice cream that was so good it had me and my mom fighting over who could lick the bowl!

I probably gained 5 pounds from eating so much, but it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012