Thursday, August 20, 2009

Afghanistan artwork

We're taking a break from tiling to hang some of my art. In honor of the current elections in Afghanistan, here are two of my favorite items I brought back from my time there. They're just simple posters that I had framed, but they are among my favorite pieces because of what they show.

The Election Through Afghan Eyes poster is in English and Dari. This photography exhibit documented Afghanistan's first election after the Taliban were removed from power. I love that it shows a woman in her burqa having her finger marked to show that she voted in the election.

Afghan Elections_c

Life and Nothing Else... was an exhibition of work by young Afghan photographers. This poster says so much about the state of life for so many Afghans, then and now.

Life and Nothing Else

1 comment:

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012