Monday, August 3, 2009

Temecula Olive Oil Company

The other day I mentioned that I made two great discoveries while in San Diego. The first is the restaurant Whisknladle. The second is the Temecula Olive Oil Company.

While browsing through the shops in Old Town San Diego with my mom, we came across a tasting room and retail outlet for the Temecula Olive Oil Company. We sampled a variety of their olive oils and balsamic vinegars, and each one was amazing.

I left with their olive oil sample pack--including Olivum, a blend of several varietals; Citrus Reserve, which has the essence of blood oranges; and Roasted Garlic, which I can't wait to try on pasta. But I didn't stop there. Oh, no. I also got a larger bottle of their Rotture di Oro, a rich, Tuscan-style extra virgin olive oil with strong, grassy flavors. Yum.

Temecula OO Company 003

But wait, there's more. Much more, because it turns out that they also offer an amazing selection of balsamic vinegars! So, I bought a bottle of their vanilla and fig balsamic vinegar, which is aged for more than two years and is imbued with the essence of California ripe figs and a touch of vanilla. I practically start drooling thinking of trying this on some Brie cheese.

And not being one to let over-weight luggage slow me down, I rounded out my purchase with a bottle of California Balsamico vinegar and a bottle of their California Balsamico Blanco vinegar, a white balsamic vinegar which sadly is not currently available online.

Temecula OO Company 002

At the first opportunity to place an online order, I'm planning on getting some of their California pomegranate vinegar (which goes incredibly well with the citrus olive oil) and some of their spices and sea salts. If you're ever in need of a gourmet cooking gift for someone, I highly recommend this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012