Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Scott Morrison

The post I did on the famous woodworker Sam Maloof piqued my curiosity about fine woodworking. If I could have another life, or just more time in this one, it's a skill I'd like to learn. One of these days I'll drag the husband out to the workshop and make him teach me everything he knows about woodworking. He used to do a lot of it, back before he got interested in welding and before I made him work 24/7 remodelling our house.

But I digress.

While digging around online I discovered the amazing wood creations of Scott Morrison. I almost fell off my chair when I saw his rocker cradle, which is an updated version of a 1700s Windsor Nanny Rocker. This one is made of English walnut. How absolutely clever. I love it.



He also has a walnut cradle that just about took my breath away.



I'm thinking of "accidentally" breaking our bar stools so that I can get some of these lovelies, shown here in Oregon black walnut. Yes, sir. I'll take three of 'em.



And to accompany the dining table that will one day be made from the fir beams from my old Baltimore row house, I'll take 12 of these. In the Oregon black walnut to match the bar stools, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012