Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More things to do in 2010

Here it is, February already, and I still haven't completed my list of things to do this year!

So here are a few more items on my list of things to accomplish:

1. Give up soda, and diet cokes in particular (I can hear the horrified gasp of my old "diet coke break" buddy coming all the way from Michigan!). This was one of the first things on my list to do this year, but I never put it in writing because, well, frankly I didn't think I could do it! But I have done it, and I'm now entering my fourth week of diet coke-free living. There was one day last week where I was so busy and hit a mid-afternoon sleepy spell. I had a diet coke out of pure desperation for some caffeine and found that it has totally lost its charm with me. I haven't had another one since. I knew I'd still be craving something sweet to drink, so I've been drinking things like crystal light. It has really helped with the transition. The first day was the roughest, because I was SO thirsty. I drank about 120 ounces of water that day, but since then it's been fine.

2. Be better about tending to my garden this year, and also expand the variety of things I'll grow. Last year I got too busy with house projects and just didn't have time for the garden. This year will be better, and I can't wait for all my new seeds to arrive!

3. Learn to sew! Once I get reacquainted with knitting, I'm going to learn to sew. My mom gave me a very basic lesson last year. I don't want to do anything fancy, but it would be nice to be able to make simple things like curtains, pillows, and pretty summer skirts.

Speaking of knitting, I'm taking my first knitting lesson tonight! It's a beginner/refresher course and we'll be making a scarf. Later this month I'll be taking another lesson on how to make their "two-hour hat." After that I should be well on my way to my goal #4 to knit some baby hats!

I already bought my yarn for the class. The solid yarn on the left is for the scarf, and the multicolor yarn on the right is for the hat.

Yarn1

I forgot how much Sadie loves soft things (socks, piles of yarn, fleece blankets) and the yarn wasn't sitting on the stool more than about 30 seconds before she walked right over to thieve it!

Yarn2

Yarn3

Yarn4

7 comments:

  1. oh and mom just happened to let Sadiebug take them so she could get photos of the HEIST!.... lol.

    go check out my other more obnoxious blog,its about you... http://shanerocket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Chomp!" goes Sadie.

    Good luck with the knitting! I've been trying to teach myself with a book ("Teach Yourself Visually"), with varying success. My mother asked me what I was making, to which my reply was, "I don't know. I'm just trying to make it look like knitting."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knitting is something I really want to do but I always ran out of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee! Run sadie run! LOVE the yarn though. I've already stopped thinking about my (long) to do list. Yawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous yarns! Have fun with them. I think I could easily become a knitting addict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a feeling my old DCB buddy would say that! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012