Friday, February 5, 2010

Knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...

Years ago when I took my first knitting class, a couple of brave friends were right there beside me. All of my friends are funny, but one is particularly funny and can do great voices. She used to repeat that great line from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (voice and all):

"The mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Well, that's how I feel right now! I took the first part of my refresher knitting class on Tuesday, and I'm happy say that it came back to me quickly! Now I have almost 1.5 feet of my scarf finished and I'm on a roll. I can't wait to finish this project at next week's class. And my mind is already overloaded with all the projects I can do.

This post today over at design*sponge by the ladies at bbbcraft just added fuel to the fire. Seriously! How cute are these??

Totally adorable baby socks. I am obsessed with baby socks. The only thing in the world cuter than a baby sock is a puppy. But baby socks won't eat your shoes!

knitted baby socks

How do you get away with giving baby socks to a new dad? Just put it in a cigar box. Awesome idea.

baby socks in cigar box

And these little guys?

knitted baby animals

They're adorable. They have tails! I think I'm going to make a set for myself.

knitted baby animals 2

You can get the pattern for the animals at Knitting at Noon. Look how cute their animals are!! I just love the elephants' ears.

safarifriends

2 comments:

  1. Damn, that makes me want to start knitting! I agree about baby socks, and baby feet, too -- and puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word....those are THE cutest little baby socks I have ever seen! And those animals...speechless!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012