Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Studio update

My little studio space continues to waffle between chaos and order, but the other day we took one more orderly step forward.

A while back I bought three super cheap ($20 each) black bookcases from Wal-Mart and arranged them in a U-shape against the wall. It most certainly is not my ideal storage solution, but that gorgeous antique wood flat file or bookcase continues to elude me.

The husband took a scrap piece of plywood and cut it to my specifications, and I stained it, gave it a quick coat of polyurethane, and plopped it on top of the bookcases to create a workspace.

studio 003

I finally found my old sugar mould that I bought years ago in Frederick, Maryland, and I filled it with all my colored markers, rulers, scissors, etc. It makes me happy (SO happy!) to have them so organized.

studio 004

I also finally organized the area under my small paper cutter, arranging the pantone inks by color so I can find the darn things, and placing labels on the small cans of ink that I mixed by hand.

Studio 4

Let's hear three cheers for being more organized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012