Friday, June 3, 2011

Good molly, Miss Dolly

I talked to my mom yesterday and found out that our mule Dolly has moved on to greener pastures. She was 31.

She was an awesome mule. It's been said that a good mule is better than a great horse, and Dolly was a great mule. Back in her prime I actually showed her, and one year at the state fair she was the high point mule! She was beautiful--black with a brown nose and a really pretty head, which is quite unusual for a mule. And unlike the reputation that mules have, she was the sweetest thing and not stubborn in the least.

Dolly

She had big, soulful brown eyes.

Dolly 2 (2)

And she'd chase you down in the pasture to get a good ear rub.

Dolly 2 (1)

She was buried on my parents' property, not far from my old horse, Mac. Hopefully the two will spend their days eating at the all-you-can eat carrot buffet and kicking up their heels in pastures that are always green.

Adios, Dolly.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry about Dolly. She really does look lovely and sounds like she was a dear. I was just reading about mules at the Grand Canyon yesterday because my dad was talking about them falling over the edge with tourists in tow. It turns out that is a complete myth... that not one mule has ever gone over the side (at least not when there is no snow on the ground to hide the path).

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012