Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Moms are awesome

I guess I sounded pretty frazzled when I was talking to my mom last week. Between having a kid who doesn't like to sleep and all the projects I'm working on, I haven't been getting very much sleep lately. And I guess it was starting to show!

So she sent me this beautiful flower arrangement on Monday. She also sent a giraffe and some balloons and a little baggie of candy for Lachlan. (I, of course, inhaled the candy. Almond Joy, my favorite!)



This was just the little ray of sunshine I needed to pep me up and keep me going. I love all the flowers in the arrangement, especially these purple ones. But I can't for the life of me think of what they're called. Does anyone know?



Thanks, mom. You're the BEST! :D

5 comments:

  1. What a nice mom! Gee, the petal edges look rippled and similar to carnations, but otherwise they're quite different. Even though Lachlan isn't sleeping very much, I hope he's all smiles while he's awake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous bouquet. Mom knows best! That is double Lisianthus which last twice as long as roses in the vase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES they are!! Beautiful indeed!

    Linda@Lime....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Lisianthus! I thought it started with an L but couldn't think of it.

    Ann: I tell people that Lachlan is a fabulous baby 99% of the time. But man, oh man. You'd better watch out for that 1%! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we can't blame him for asserting himself at least a tiny bit. :) Sounds like you've got a very good one!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012