Friday, January 20, 2012

Holiday 2012 recap: Garden Tool Co.

Today's Christmas gift recap is actually a gift I gave, not one that I received. Is it obnoxious to say that a gift I gave someone was totally awesome? Maybe. But in this day and age, when I come across a product available online that is of spectacular quality and is accompanied by OUTSTANDING customer service, I think I should toot its horn.

My mom spends countless hours outside every year tending to her garden (and to mine, when I'm lucky!) and she is always in need of high-quality gardening tools. This year I came across the Garden Tool Co. and had no problem picking out several of their tools for my mom for Christmas this year.

To start, I got her a DeWit 3-prong hand fork, a Sneeboer hand hoe and fork, and a Burgon and Ball shrub rake and I was absolutely blown away by their quality. The hand hoe and fork is particularly wicked looking, but will probably be invaluable as my mom works to break up the concrete-like dirt clods that she comes across on her property!




You can probably tell from the pictures that these are not your average garden tools that are designed to last one year (if even that long) and then get replaced the following year. These suckers are made to last.

And if that wasn't great enough, the customer service provided by this company was amazing. About an hour after I placed my order online, I received a personal email from Blake, the owner of the company, thanking me for my purchase and letting me know how much he appreciated my business. About 30 minutes later I received another email letting me know my items had been shipped.

The "About Us" section of their website says it all: "We have to earn your trust through the quality of the products we offer and the uncommon customer service you deserve.”

I can't wait for the next opportunity to buy more of their tools, and no doubt will be placing an order for myself in just another month or two as I get ready for this year's garden. If any of you are in need of some superior gardening tools for yourself or as a gift, please, please, please consider getting them from this company. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. You are so good at posting your finds. I enjoy them, so no judgment from me on claiming your own gifts as awesome! Will def keep this company in mind as long-lived garden tools are what everyone needs, not cheap stuff from you know where. Now off to track down your post about that baby toy you recommended - a giraffe, I think it was. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012