Thursday, January 12, 2012

Printing and scheduling

After spending several months focusing on my other Etsy shops, I'm finally getting back around to showing some love to my original letterpress shop. I recently printed several sets of birth announcements, some calling cards, some new folded greeting cards, and some new flat cards.

I've also printed several sets of custom blind impression cards, the latest of which are these cards with the initials WGM.



After several months, I finally got the (correct) treadle for the newest (oldest) press that I use exclusively for hand-set type. YAY!! Man, what a fiasco that was! Now I'm able to print more easily because I don't have to turn the flywheel by hand while also trying to feed the paper into the press. So in the next few weeks I'm going to spend some time thoroughly cleaning the type that I have, and when my mom is here in February I'm finally going to get back to printing lots of samples, including some new card layouts, which means I'll finally get around to finishing the sample cards that several of you are so patiently waiting for. Woo hoo!

A few housekeeping notes: Thanks very much for all the nice comments about Lachlan and his first birthday. He sure is a happy kid and it's a lot of fun to see him at this stage. He's so mobile and more curious than a cat, so he keeps me on my toes on a regular basis! :)

I had mentioned that I would be back to regular blogging this week, but that hasn't worked out very well. The husband had the day off yesterday and we had Lachlan's well baby appointment in the morning and then ran errands for most of the rest of the day, so I'm sorry for the lack of a post since Monday. This year I plan to spend a lot of time getting Lachlan out and about to the library's story time, museums, etc., and I'm hoping to come up with some sort of schedule to keep me sane. Next week I hope to start with my new schedule which includes blogging on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. So, have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012