Friday, August 31, 2012

Monopoly

When I was a kid, Monopoly was my favorite board game. That, combined with growing up in a house that my parents built themselves, is probably why I love the idea of real estate and renvoating properties now that I'm an adult.

When I lived in Baltimore I bought a 1920 brick rowhouse and over the next 6 years proceeded to gut and rebuild it, doing the vast majority of work by myself. When I got married and moved to Colorado, we bought a 1950 house that started life as a gas station, and over the course of several years we substantially remodeled it.

Since then I've been itching to get another property to work on. And today, I finally have it. I just finished signing the papers to make it official. It was a bank owned property, and getting it wasn't easy. That's a big part of why I haven't been here much lately. I feel like I was the third real estate agent working on this purchase, I had to be involved so much.

Between my shops and Lachlan I unfortunately won't be able to do much, if any, of the work myself. But we have a capable guy to do the work and I get to make all the decisions, which seems like a good compromise. :D So here she is in all her completely original 1960s glory. Take a good look at her now, because she won't look like this much longer. In fact, work starts tomorrow...


 
I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Enjoy the last few days of summer!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Capable Guy has his work cut out for him! Can't wait to see the after pics. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're living in the third house that we built by hand. I'm like you, I see so much potential in that house. I hope you got a real good deal on it. BTY, am enjoying my twine and tags I won. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to give you my get out of jail free card! Fun times ahead!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012