Yesterday we officially achieved the open concept I'm going for in the new house by removing the wall separating the living room and kitchen. I'm a bit bummed that we'll have to put a post right at the end of the countertop to support the two headers. It was just too long of a span for a single header. I also finished the design of the kitchen cabinets yesterday (Oh my gosh, it's going to be awesome!!), so will be placing an order for them soon.
The bathrooms are mostly framed in, so things are moving right along now. Yesterday I also spent some time picking the tile for the two main bathrooms and I think I finally found some things I like. Weeee!