Thursday, November 1, 2012

Crafting at warp speed

Wow. This week has been filled with an overwhelming list of things to do to get ready for the holidays. Nobody will buy my awesome wrapping papers if they can't see what they look like. And it's one thing to see a single box wrapped up pretty, but it's another thing to see all sorts of fun (and I hope original and unique) ways to use it to decorate packages. That means I have to create all those examples of fun (and I hope original and unique) ways to use it to decorate packages. And when you have to do that for five different wrapping papers, it tends to require some really late nights.

Then I had to decorate for the photos, stage the photos, rush to take the photos during Lachlan's naps, and then edit the photos. I'm also rushing to set up a new website, and that of course has its own specifications for the photos. And I'm rushing to complete a set of photos for something special that is coming up the middle of this month. I'll tell you all about that next week, because it's a deal that you will. not. want. to. miss. Weee!  But I digress...

I'm still working on editing all of the photos, but here's a little peek at one of the collections, red birds and berries. I had this gift bag in the shop last season and it was really popular, so I added the wrapping paper this year and it is already the top seller.

This was the first paper I used for my crafting, and I had a ball thinking of different ways to use it. Every year when I'm wrapping presents, I try to save every tiny scrap because one day I might have a tiny present to wrap. In the end, all those scraps go into the recycle bin and I feel so wasteful. So the idea behind what I'm doing this year is that you can wrap a present or two with the paper, but then use the scraps of paper to decorate a whole host of different, very simple items. Of course, everything I'm using is available for sale in the shop (and the new website, details coming soon!), but people can also use these ideas with simple things they may already have in their own home. It's a nice way to come up with a beautifully coordinated set of gifts that each have something special about them.

Here's the complete set I came up with, in two photos.



Over the next few days I'll show you some closeups of each item, along with the details of how to get the other products in the photos so you can "get the look" for yourself. In the meantime, here are some pictures of my two favorites from this set.
 

 
I'd love to hear any other suggestions you have for fun ways to use leftover bits of wrapping paper to decorate packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012