Thursday, January 21, 2010

Buddy and an update

I squeezed in one quick walk at Roice-Hurst before they closed yesterday. I had a lot of work to do, but I really wanted to take over two dog coats I have for them. One is a new body suit we got for my father-in-law's dog that didn't fit (it's the same stylish one that Sadie has). The other was Simon's old coat. It was hard to part with it, but I thought he'd be happy to know that it will help keep another dog warm.

I walked and played with Buddy, a chocolate lab mix. He's the goofiest and most uncoordinated 1-year-old dog I've ever seen. He's trying to learn to play fetch and retrieve. He tries hard but for some reason he can't figure out how to keep the ball from falling out of his mouth... It doesn't help that he has the attention span of a gnat. But he's a lovable sweetheart!

Buddy

And remember Blaze from my walk on Monday? Well, when I arrived at the shelter a woman was leading him to her car to take him to his new home. YAY!

But my joy was squashed not long after that. While I was walking Buddy, a woman and her daughter came to relinquish their happy little dog, Simba. Ugh.

One other sad update on Darvey. I walked him on my first day as a voluteer in November. He's such a sweet guy that has been plagued by health problems his whole life.

Darvey

He was in the office today with a big bandage around his belly. He recently had a growth removed, and the vet thinks it is malignant. The only silver lining to this story is that he's currently being fostered by the office manager, and she said if the growth is malignant, she'll keep him with her until the end. At least he'll get the good love he deserves.

2 comments:

  1. Aw poor little guy! :( I hope he gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your heart is so much stronger then mine... i would need to own them all... i would sob every day... your pics are beyond gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012