Wednesday, August 11, 2010

West side story: Cast of characters

We all know that a story is only as good as the cast of characters, so I'd like to introduce you to the key components of my west side story.

Red Birds in a Tree

Red Birds in a Tree

Vermilion Bluffs Mexican Sage

Vermilion Bluffs Mexican Sage

Sonoran Sunset Hyssop

Sonoran Sunset Hyssop

Dwarf Lavender

Dwarf lavender

Hidcote Pink Lavender

Hidcote Pink Lavender

Coronado Red Hyssop

Coronado Red Hyssop

Burgundy Gaillardia

Burgundy Gaillardia

Wild Thing Sage

Wild Thing Sage

Blue Oat Grass

Blue oat grass

Blue Switch Grass

Blue switch grass

Red Switch Grass

Red switch grass

Yaku Jima Miscanthus (which sounds remarkably like a Samurai when it introduces itself!)

Yaku Jima miscanthus

Dark Knight Bluebeard

Dark Knight Bluebeard1

Dark Knight Bluebeard2

Assembling the cast was no easy task. It took trips to three different nurseries, including one more than an hour away from my house!

I still need a few more key actors, but I'll have to order them from a catalog so I won't get them until later this month.

Now I just need someone to give the husband CPR once he sees all the new additions to his yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012