Thursday, April 28, 2011

Iris

Last year (or was it the year before?), I planted a bunch of iris and day lilies that my mom gave me from her yard. I put them down near our creek and then sort of forgot about them.

This morning I was looking out the window with Lachlan and noticed some little pops of purple, so I went to investigate.

iris

Of course you can barely see them among the sea of weeds growing out there...

iris2

Thank goodness Lachlan's grammy is coming soon. I have another loooooong list of things to accomplish while she's here!

2 comments:

  1. Irises are wonderful - pretty and so hardy. It's funny, but it wasn't until I started to garden that I grew to love the color purple.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012