Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet and simple custom letterpress birth announcements

I know I've been neglecting this little space for awhile, and I'm sorry about that! Lachlan is keeping me busy and I've been spending every spare moment working on several letterpress projects.

I finally (FINALLY!) finished printing the samples of the birth announcements that I've been working on for months now. I actually finished printing them quite awhile ago, but I finally managed to photograph everything last week and add them to my Etsy shop over the weekend.

Sarah announcement and stationery_e (1)

Sarah announcement and stationery_e (5)

The idea behind these sweet and simple announcements is just that: they're simple, and therefore they are really quite affordable (at least as far as letterpress goes).

Christopher announcement_e (3)

I made them A2 size, which is 1/4 of a sheet of regular 8.5x11 paper. This allows me to get four cards per sheet of paper instead of just two 5x7 cards (with waste left over), and the way the cost of the cotton paper I use is increasing, this is a very good thing. People will have a choice from a nice selection of animals or other objects for the top of the card and their choice of several fonts. The ink colors are limited to pinks, purples, blues, and greens. By somewhat limiting the selection of ink colors, I increase the chance that I might be able to print more than one order while the press has a particular color on it, therefore saving my time (and money!).

Addison announcement_e (2)

I'm also offering the option of purchasing personalized note cards at the same time as the announcements. They make great thank you cards for all the gifts the baby will get, and by printing a larger number of cards at one time, the price per individual piece can be lowered quite a bit.

Addison stationery_e (3)

Now that this project is finished I'm turning my attention to wrapping up the new line of wedding invitations (I think I have nine designs now), as well as some other more elaborate baby shower invitations/birth announcement designs (including the one that was created for my very own munchkin).

I also have another fun venture up my sleeve. I can't wait to share it with you, but it will have to wait just a bit longer. I need a little more time to organize and photograph everything, and a teething baby who doesn't want to nap much these days is starting to really cut into my time to do that. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - they're each so classy! Love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I love the elephant one and when I'm kid ready in like 4 years...I will be there. love seeing all your projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ann and Billie! If you like these, I can't wait to show the "fancy" ones! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

 

The Handwork Chronicles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012