His latest favorite (which he's happily eaten several days now) is blueberry zucchini.
I found this recipe for a blueberry zucchini bread and then adapted it. This is the second time I've made it, tweaking it a bit each time, and I think this is the winning adaptation for us:
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white sugar
4 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 pint fresh blueberries or one bag (about 14 ounces?) of frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini.
3. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Transfer to the prepared muffin pan.
6. Bake about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Stuff your face (or watch your kid stuff his!)